STOP REMINDING ME SATAN

This dream still haunts me every day
Eliminates all feeling when I saw her face
The tears that fell down burned in my mind
Arms over her knees, pain in her eyes
I'm not sure how she got there, but things flash in my brain
I can see the cut on her neck and her pulsing veins
I don't want to think of the possibilities
Of what could have happened after I took my leave
See if we start from the top, it went much like this:
I was brought up on stage and the crowd started to hiss
I wasn't performing, my arms were tied behind my back
And I watched as they put all the other heads in a sack
I came up next and was able to see
As the blade came upon me and my soul was let free
That's not all that bad though, I'm sure that I thought
I get to go to paradise so I searched and I sought
I soon came home to a wild surprise
My parents were there with insanity's eyes
"Now that we've raised you we can take our prize"
And everything I thought of them divided in size
So I ran from the house onto the dark streets
Nobody was there, there was no one to greet
I eventually made it to the line so I thought
To get into the gates, which I of course saw not
I open the doors to people lined up
And oh Josi runs to me quickly, abrupt
"I was hit by a buss" she exclaims with a cry
And we hug and sit down to wait in that line
A few minutes pass and she turns and says, "oh"
"someone couldn't handle your leaving and had to go."
I look to my left with a knife in my back
And all the color vanishes and my insides attack
I am left breathless my vision goes blurred
Your name was the only sound that was heard
You don't look to me, no, you are staring straight ahead
Your hands covering your face, my heart heavy as lead
That's the vision that kills me inside
That's the pain that brings tears to my eyes
Everything stopped there, I never found Heaven
I woke up with a scream, I wasn't beheaded
And you aren't dead
And you aren't dead




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem

Sing and Pray