List

People in my family say
I have a gift with words
I can write a nice letter or a beautiful poem
Showing the image of soaring birds
I will admit
I don't have it figured out
I get a rare twist
I get a fun shout
I often get block
The words don't just come
They don't run like a river
Right out of my mouth
But if I did have that gift
Even a thousand times more
I'd want to right something
That brought you in to explore
To find a new world of these things we call words
And to use them to paint a vision you could never imagine
Except with my words
And I'd want to write about you
Oh I would want to write about you
I'd want to write about your smile and your eyes and their hue
I'd think of all the words that could describe
Or even begin to describe just what I want to say 
And here are a list of words that would have that forté:


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem

Sing and Pray