Low

You said I’m doing everything right
You said I’m doing nothing wrong
But I’m the one who gets to experience utter heart break?
Don’t worry my hands are still shaking,
You didn’t stop that
When I saw you on the road I thought I’d get in a wreck
I shouldn’t have read, that was a mistake
But if you ever see this you’re doing the same.
“Our Guatemala”?? What happened to you?
While you were away I didn’t know what to do
I can’t sleep any more, I deal with this alone
At 3 in the morning I’m battling ghosts.
I can’t look any more, around in any store
When I walk into target you might be around the corner
Your hand in his hand on your very first date
And you’re there because nobody’s back at your place
I’m glad the sky’s not a cage
I’m glad you can fly now
Now that you’re finally free from whatever I must have put you through
You told me you would love me forever
You told me you love me most infinity
You said that I’m all you think about
You said that you wanted to marry me

You have robbed me
You stole my heart and four years you buttered it up
Made it fly, made it unreal
Made me so happy
And then you dropped it
And tripped on it
Crushing it in the process
And did you get engaged that very minute
Or did you wait a whole hour out of respect for the dead?

Part of me wants to wish you two a dreadful experience
That ends in your despair, to catch a glimpse of what I’ve had the joy
Of experiencing.
But a larger part of me wants you to be happy
A part of me wants you to always look back at your
“Our Guatemala” with fondness in when your relationship began
But then in that moment of joy for it to be eternally ruined by a picture of me
Laying in my bed at home, not being able to sleep, so I get up and write you
A love note telling you how much I miss you and how much I wish you could come home
To your me.
You were my sushi roll
I was your Jojo
And any children named Charlotte or Theodore..
That you killed them.
But a larger part of me wants you to be happy

Loving is a choice
And you told me you would love me forever.
Those are facts.

Needless to say after 3 weeks I’m not over you
Needless to say after 3 years I still won’t be
But you’ll be long gone
You moved to England
You got the aging disease
And I guess you like it better
I’ll be here. Still in Neverland,
I never thought it would be this way. You always had a way of surprising me.
And I knew you were always too good to be true.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem

Sing and Pray