overjoyed

I don't know exactly what it is
That is bothering you
But I wish there was something more I could do
I see it in your eyes
Your beautiful sad eyes
They look out the window trying to support your disguise
I'm here, and I squeeze, and I smile at you
Because sadly that's what I feel like I'm restrained to do
But I want to bring you in close and fly way up high
Higher than this earth so your problems go away
I want to bring you to New York City
And show you the lights
Wear wonderful coats while the snow falls
And spin you around while we ice skate again
But right now I only see those beautiful sad eyes
Don't worry my darling
Everything will be great
This week will go by
Just like two thousand and eight
Life happens and we grow
And we look back at these things
They formed us, we learned
And we, wait for it, grew our wings!
Don't worry my dear
Smile
And this time don't fake it and then shut your door and break down
Find the reasons to have a genuine, real, happy smile
They're always there, sometimes we just have to look harder
I've got you supporting me, and I'm overjoyed with that fact
You're always enough
You're always enough
You're so much more than enough
If that voice calls you worthless, slap it in the face because you don't respond to that name, ever.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lift

Trust me, I'm 100% sure I have no idea -the Future