Picturesque (Carefree)

I can't remember the days
That I woke up carefree
I was excited for the day
Like everyday was a dream
I didn't have no deadlines
I didn't have no chores
I was happy for hours
Just sitting on the floor
I had a Lego junkyard
And a whole city too
No homework was waiting
No duty to attend to
I woke up happy
When the sun first rose
And if you heard me singing
I mean, who knows?
Oh, carefree

I can't remember the time
That they weren't in my life
That they weren't by my side
Little brothers
I think back to North Carolina
When I was just toddling
And for some reason I see
Their stroller
I woke up in the morning
With not a care in my heart
For when the day's gonna start
Carefree, oh

My older brother going to
University
And I'm here with me
Dreaming- carefree
My tests are tomorrow
And I've been studying
Oh what I'd give to be
Carefree



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem

Sing and Pray