Ok so I felt like this needed to be posted just because everything is so amazing.

I had such an amazing day today because I realized how important real talk is to me. Conversations with people and hearing people's hearts. After talking on the phone with my dearest friend for three hours, I found myself wandering downstairs where I heard a drill-like sound. I opened the back door and saw my father standing there with a black nike jacket with the sleeves rolled up close to his elbows. He was standing with a rod in his hands, pushing it gently on a spinning rounded block of wood. His earbuds were in, and as I walked out he took out his phone and paused the audio book that he was listening to. He asked me how my day was and we just started talking. He told me about why he wanted to become an Emergency Medical doctor, and he told me about how he saw me doing anything I wanted to do. He talked and talked, all the while sharing his wisdom and I realized that my father is the greatest physical embodiment of Christ's love in my life. He talked about Nehemiah living in Babylon but sharing love and teaching others. As he talked about what it means to him to be in a hospital helping people who don't have insurance and "don't deserve to be treated" (as some nurses and other doctors say) I just saw the love in his eyes. My dad loves and loves and loves. He believes in me more than any other person. As he hugged me goodnight, he told me how amazing I am. He held on to me for a while and then said goodnight. As I closed the door, he put back in his ear buds and went back to the rod.
I walked away, still hearing that drill-like sound, but this time I knew what it was.
...........................
I'm making this pen for a dear friend of mine who is going through a divorce. As I shape this wood, I just think of Jesus and how he uses rough and painful things to shape us into who we are meant to be. This is relaxing for me, as I stand here prayerfully making this pen because I know that the Lord will continue to shape his life and when the painful times are over, the outcome will be beautiful.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem

Sing and Pray