Advice from Detta

The sorry truth comes out. We can't all stay young. Maybe it's just someone and I who wish that. Maybe everyone else wants to grow up and move out and get a job. Not us. But since we have no choice, my choice is to make these years valuable. You are going into your first year in highschool. It will go by fast. Faster than we know. Make these years valuable. We should be intentional in our friendships. We all found what we lack tonight in Christ. We prayed specifically that God whould help us with that struggle. If it's that you lack confidence, ask God to give you some so you can go out and talk to people and share Christ with them. I have seen introverts share Christ. But God works through her. And not anyone can do it. Christ alone can. He will work through you, you just have to let him and find the things you lack in you. To be honest I have a hard time letting God guide my life. I try to solve problems on my own. But if I find the strength to let God handel situations, I know he will work through me in crazy ways. He also gave us all talents. You play music. Play it for the Lord! You write. Write for the Lord! You love the avengers? So many kids at Arlington or LRE are bound to love the avengers! Thats a common interest. Steve Stroope said today that to reach people you need to find a common interest. Jesus did that to the lady at the well. They both wanted water. That allowed a conversation to start and that conversation led a lady to Christ. Use these last few years at home wisely and everyday counts. Allow God to work through you and use everything in you to reach the lost! Even what you lack. Christ will find it for you. Be a shooting star, as one of the coolest people alive once told me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem

Sing and Pray