Strength

I walk and walk and I never stop
To get as far away as I can I won't ever stop
When home is a mess and I can't get away
You know I'll always find a way
So I walk and walk
past the schoolyard and the shops
And soon enough I'm far away
I'm not scared to go further
I could go all day
5 hours of walking can't keep me away
But my legs are tired and my hands are cold
My head it aches but my heart is bold
I bought a skateboard and a helmet
Because safety always comes first
And now I'm never gonna sell it
Because out of it bursts,
"I got you home after all you went through
Yea when you lose your way I'll see you through
Everybody gets knocked down sometimes
But I'll be the one to lift you up
Everyone's gotta have that one thing
To be the one to lift you up."
So the wheels were turning
My foot was kicking
The wind was rushing
And I think I was speeding
I made it home before the darkness came
And I'm back to the big mess I made
But with my skateboard behind me and my helmet on
I know that from now on, I think I can be strong.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lift

Trust me, I'm 100% sure I have no idea -the Future