A Journey Back Home

She sits home waiting
On her porch
The sun sets, but he's still north
And the sky grows pink
The air gets cold
And she feels as though she's growing old
When will you be home, darling?
She asks to the sky
She plays through her head of when he was waving goodbye
It's been forever now
And I need you here
She needs to hear his horse
Darling when will you be back from the north?
I need to hear you say hello
I need you to come home
As the sun goes down, she decides that it's late
She turns to head inside
Another day of waiting
But her eyes open wide
When she turns around to the sound of a horse
Trotting up the trail in the trees
She almost falls to her knees
Because she's waited so long for this moment
When he'll come home
Well now he's home
She runs up to meet him with a tear in her eye
And as he arrives, she cries "Oh my!" 
He looks so different, and he's gotten older
But his eye is black and there's a scar on his shoulder
Darling you've been away so long I started crying when I saw you and your beautiful horse run up to the house a little house on a hill I'm so surprised that you're here because I've waited hours on that doorstep, sitting with my butt on the wood and you have a scar on your shoulder and your eye is bruised and we'll take care of that very soon but to see you is just so good I hope you'll stay home now
He says forever
Forever is how long I've waited
And how long I'll stay 
I'll stay forever
Darling don't be afraid
Because to leave again would be the end of me darling
To leave again would be the start of a journey, a journey back here
A journey back home
Because no matter where this house is
If it's at the top of a hill, or the edge of a cliff
As long as that's where you are oh I wanna be there forever

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lift

Trust me, I'm 100% sure I have no idea -the Future