Again with the basketball...

I took the ball dribbling
The court was so long
I didn't even know where I was going
And that was the first thing wrong
I couldn't see the end of the court
But I felt sure I was heading to my basket
I shot and fell short
And it was closer to my casket
I discovered why I missed
It was because I was at the three point line
If I wouldn't have insisted
Against my gut, I'd be fine
Or at least more towards my ring
But now I think I'm finally closer
I won't take my shot until I know it's bling
I'll wait to dunk, it even has more style
And with God on my side this time,
Even though it might take a while
I won't let there be a rebound to catch
It will be a 100% shot
Because rebounds tell you you missed
And that was the second thing wrong
My basketball game isn't close to over
And when it might feel like a quarter or half time is here
It's just half of that
Until it ends
And I'm not allowed to see the scoreboard
But I can try to keep track in my head
I got down by 20 points
But now I feel closer
To reaching my goal
My basket
My ring
I'm getting closer to range
Be my basket...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lift

Trust me, I'm 100% sure I have no idea -the Future