Ode to Sleep

I love it
The raw music
Coming from pure vibrations
Amplified, but still raw

I get up from the couch. I have been working and working. Writing and writing. Thinking and thinking. I walk across the room. I put my fingers around the tonearm and lift it up and pull it a few inches to the left. My favorite vinyl is still sitting there from when I last played it. I set the tonearm down and the pulley is already spinning the platter. The vinyl spins and the tonearm moves slowly to the first middle towards the first song. A beat comes on with a an awesome synthesizer. His voice sings, "I wake up fine and dandy, but then by the time I find it handy, to rip my heart apart and start planning my crash landing. I go up up up..." I think of him singing it. He stresses in all of his music that we are broken people and we sometimes have terrible and hard lives. But while I'm thinking about that more of the song passes by and it's all in the back of my brain because I'm thinking about this. I put my attention back on the song to hear, "On the eve of a day forgotten and fake, the trees they await and clouds anticipate. The start of a day when we put on our face, a mask that portrays that we don't need grace. On the eve of a day that's bigger than us, we open our eyes cause we're told that we must. The trees wave their arms and the clouds try to plead, desperately yelling there's something we need." I think now about this. The eve of a day forgotten and fake to the world. The day that Christ died. Nature awaits and anticipates. We are nature. We anticipated him to leave because we were convinced that we didn't need him. We said that we don't need his grace. The eve of a day that is bigger than us, which is three days later, we open our eyes and see that He is alive. Nature waves its arms and tries to plead desperately yelling that it needs something. It went three days without Him and they are desperate. We are nature. We need Him. We can't go three days without him. We need Him. Without him we are desperate people whose fists turn to guns, who sit in silence, who mvp the crime of denial, who are afraid of the night, who fall and break and fake.

Tomorrow. Twenty-one Pilots. Let's do this :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lift

Trust me, I'm 100% sure I have no idea -the Future