Scar

Now all I'll be thinking of is you
And I say that like something has changed
At school my day dreams aren't new
And with them I play a little game
How many times will I see her today
I try to keep count but I soon lose my place
Was it 409 or 428? 
I knew in my heart all along
That this would happen, you and I
And I'd write it in poems and songs
That I wanted to spare you the pain
And I made bad choices
Went too far
And I think you know what I mean
When I say it left a scar
Deep and visible, people still see
I want to wash it away 
It's a metaphor see
But what definitely isn't
Are my feelings right now
And I know that this time
It's not feelings alone
God set this in motion
Or at least I pray that He did
So that as soon as we can
I'd like to begin

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem

Sing and Pray