Surprise

I'm going to admit it
I'm scared a little
I'm scared to open up
I'm scared to look in your eyes
I'm afraid of what might happen
what consequences could come
I'm afraid of hurting you
and myself too
But when I do open up
And relax a little bit
My mouth starts talking
And I don't want to quit
I love hearing your giggle
when I say something dumb
And I don't realize how weird I am
until it is done
I love walking with you
Just someone being there
because 99% of the people around me
aren't actually there
They are thinking about how hungry they are
Or what they need to do
None of them actually are there for me
Except you
I love to listen to you talk
Because darling it's a rare occurrence
And everything drowns out but your voice
And it gives me more endurance
But when it's gone
I start thinking again
What if I am wrong?
What if I'm doing is hurting you
maybe not now but later on
I only want the best for you
and if it's not me then I'm harming you
And it's hard to open up
It's hard to look in your eyes
I'm afraid of what might happen
When will it come? Surprise

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem

Sing and Pray