Come Home

Remember my friend
the things you were taught
The love that was shown to you
You straight up forgot
The people, they accepted you
Great examples you had
And what happened to your heart
It was never this bad
You don't mean it to harm
I know that can't be you
But what would your mother think
Honestly, if she knew?
This life isn't for fun
It wasn't made for the joy
It wasn't made for us to sit around
And be boys-
It was made for us to be men
To stand up to the pain
To stand up to the temptations
To dance in the rain
To sing in our trials
Because we have the true strength
And it wasn't a drink or an E-cig
That died for your sake
I want to tell you with love
But the brutal honesty
I don't want it to hurt you
I don't want it to sting
So I have to make the choice
Is our relationship worth more
Than what could possibly be fixed
For you to restore?
Come home
Come home

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lift

Trust me, I'm 100% sure I have no idea -the Future