Pandora's Box

Expansion writing:
I can write a million words
Starting from, "do you like birds?" 
I can then say things like,
"You you wish you could fly?" 
You've got two questions to answer
Both yes and no
But if you give me something simple
You know how I'll go
"Why is that?" I ask
And there will will be more and more words
And this conversation grows that originated with birds
They don't really matter
It's something kind of simple
So my expansion writing
Is nothing not simple

But when I write compression
That's taking something large
A theory or idea
With such a huge margin
Squeezing it and wording it
And putting it into a song
When something that would accurately describe it
Would be far too long
Because I don't have the words
I don't have the expressions
To fit what I'm feeling 
Onto a paper impressioned
Or on a screen with these lights
You just shine really all too bright

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem

Sing and Pray