DWD

And if I can't sleep
If I don't dream
Will you at least
Stay with me?
And if I cant think
When I can't see
Darling I need you
To stay with me
And I'm so sorry
For not being strong
When you needed me
All along
And I'm so sorry
For not forgetting the past
And for saying you worry
And for arguing about taking out the trash
That wasn't to you though
That was to mom
So I'm sorry for everything you'll hear me say
In the years to come
I'm sorry for being dramatic
And not wanting to be me
I'm just not emphatic 
On the bad things I see
I'm sorry for not keeping my word
When I tell you things
You know I hate promises
And even more- dissapointing
I'm sorry for not flying in
And sweeping you off your feet
When the trouble came
And I was still at sea
I'm sorry for not being
Everything you need me to be
I'm sorry for not seeing
Everything you wish I could see
I'm sorry for coming into your life
But I'm so glad you came into mine
And I'm sorry you feel the need to read this
Every stupid and pointless line
I'm sorry for being a hypocrite 
And turning the screen
When I complain when you do the same
I'm sorry I'm mean
And if I can't sleep tonight
Will you sing me to sleep?
Will you keep burning bright
And conspire to get me?
And if you can't sleep tonight
Know that I'm singing
And that you're doing the right thing
When I'm at that meeting.
And if you're thinking right now
I wish he was happy
You're wish came true
Thanks for thinking about me


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lift

Trust me, I'm 100% sure I have no idea -the Future