That was the question....

To wear, or not to wear

My teeth feel numb and my visions going out
I can't see my thumb, though it's out and about
There's a very distant throbbing, though it's miles away
Miles through the sobbing, the heartache, the pain 
This instrument of death is waiting in its case
You know, the small orange one sitting by the vase
What? How did it get there? Is it following me around?
"Yes and id like to put my retainer in your mouth!"
I'm hearing the voices, it's driving me insane!
"You're already insane for letting your teeth scoot away."
Scoot away from each other or scoot away from me?
"That there's the question, you wanna open and see?"
No, get away from me! I scream and I itch
Because these unsettling voices have an earie pitch
I eat the next meal, a few hours passed
And I can't help but feel the food going in between the gap
The gap in my teeth? No! My braces fixed that!
"And your retainer would help you if you weren't lazy and fat!"
Alright just this once, I think to myself
But if I did it one time it might hurt like a belt
"You wanna re-wear your braces or wear this at night?"
I know that somehow I can fight it!
"You can't run away from me, wear your retainer!!" 
Okay, I say. But I'll hate 'er. 

Good morning world- AHHHH 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lift

Trust me, I'm 100% sure I have no idea -the Future