Still Grasping for Neverland

Driving south to find the beach
Rain pouring down as we desperately reach
For the last ounce of summer of the year
The last sound of waves and laughing that we can hear
The summers ending but I won't forget
This summer that I've had about no regrets
It seemed so perfect I'll frame it here
Picture perfect's end is still drawing near
No matter how much we drive south
And no matter the laughs from our mouths
Those laughs will end when I get home
Because our Neverland will wash up like ocean foam
You would think


But in my mind I secretly keep
This Neverland of ours that will never cease
Doesn't matter to me if school is hard
Or if we walked up to a castle guard
And a whole medieval army surrounded us
As long as you're by my side that is enough

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem

Sing and Pray