The Week we Had

This past week has been a blast
All I think about is the past
What we did and what we learned
Jumping into the lake and how the tiki torches burned
Reading the Bible with my favorite "peeps"
All these memories I keep
Keep me going through this day
Of tiredness, driving, and a plane
Even though relaxing sounds great
I'd almost rather be jumping into that lake
The look on your face when I push you in
And when I pretend not to jump but then
I jump in after you and come up from under
And we're laughing even though drenched in water
"Let's do it again!" You say with a smile
And I just can't help but smile a while
Cuz I think about the week we had
And I hope when I left you weren't really sad
I thought about you while you were leaving too
And all I can say is I was missing you

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Poem

Sing and Pray