A Regret-Mare

Yes, I find myself licking my teeth
Because I just can't bring myself to reality
Yes, I keep looking up to see if you're here
Because I just can't bring myself to reality
Yes, I keep on checking my phone
Because I just can't bring myself to reality
Yes, I keep on checking my watch
Because I just can't bring myself to reality

If it all wasn't real
-And this is me rethinking
I would again be the flash
On the way home,
I would have climbed out the door
I would have jogged over back
I would have emptied the trash
I would have found them
I would have washed them more than I would wash a 2015 Maserati
And I would have returned before anyone noticed I was gone
I wouldn't be in this pain
I wouldn't be in this state
(I would be in Texas, but I mean like this condition)
Well if I was to rethink reality even more
I'm not really sure I'd be in Texas
I'd be off in Neverland
(I ran across the sea)
I'd run to a place just you and me
No more world and no more stuff
No more things to make my life messed up
I'd run all over
I'd run all day
Just please, if you'd let me be free, ok?

I rethink reality almost a little too much
Because I get stuck in a land that is just plain fake
I tell the real world that I will keep in touch
And I am gone, for goodness sake
I think more of the world that I often call Neverland
It is my ultimate and forever utopia
I dream of how to make it more ever grand
But then I reach the inevitable phobia
What if I will never get there?
What if that future never comes?
It would just be my regret-mare
A dream that does not belong
It will always haunt me for not existing
And I will always think of it when I am longing
For something else


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem

Sing and Pray