Day 1

I feel your pain:
I pictured a long hug
A few final words and then you turn and go
A turn of your head as you hop in a bus
And as you drive off I watch as time is slow
But no...
I look back as I leave the room
You are sitting with your friends
A quick, "I'll miss you, have fun" was all I got
To tell you before I had to leave you be
We'll see
If I don't break down in the next few days
Because as I am here, you are far far away
And I wait only to leave before you return
And so I will come back home to you yet again
And then
I'll ask how your trip was and you'll ask about mine
And we'll be so happy again but in the mean time
I'll be waiting and waiting and you are having the time of your life
Hopefully. While the mean time is being far to mean to me
I'll be
Waiting for you and then you will wait for me
And then that day of independence for our country
I will leave for a time much longer than this
And we'll see the break downs again, how I missed
I insist
We will buy those two bluetooth headsets today
And we will be able to talk and hear each other all day
And I dream of the day that we will both awake
And know that that day will be a parade
I say
We will know for a fact that the other is near
And that in an hour or so they will be standing right here
Knocking on my front door with a smile on their face
And that I will come running to take my place
In their arms
Metaphorically there to stay

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lift

Trust me, I'm 100% sure I have no idea -the Future