This is why I feel like a failure

There used to be a boy
Who thought he had it all figured out
He thought his life was amazing
Always perfect, never a drought 
He said, "I've already seen the worst of it."
I already know just what to do.
When temptation overcomes me
I won't let it get to you
Next thing you know
Trips happen again
Summer time madness
Here for 5, leave for 10
I miss you I miss you
I can't control myself 
Stay away before it's too late
Cries that freaking little elf
Sitting on my left side
My shoulder's getting bruised
Because the right side over here is saying
Dude you have way too much to lose
He's jumping up and down yelling
Don't you dare touch that hand
While I reach out, I almost grab it
He shouts louder than a band
Don't fall under that trap from satan
Once you step out you're a goner
You know how "way leads on to way"
I know, Lance, you're stronger
Push away, absorb the pain
Wait it out a while
The future's more important now
Don't risk it, learn to smile
Imagine a world where you can say
Yeah bruh I made it all the way
I learned how to take in the pain
And not cause her to go astray
Not cause us to lose our way
So we could see another day
Every single day
So don't be frightened 
Please don't get offended 
I'm trying not to be "clingy" 
Because I'm scared to risk 
Even just a single day
Without that duet singing


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lift

Trust me, I'm 100% sure I have no idea -the Future