In one breath

I wanna write a new song with the lyrics on the screen
The chords in my head and a new tune to sing
I wanna pluck those strings with the right sound in mind
And when you ask me to play it I can play it alright
Cuz I've played it over and over and what's it about?
It's about how I can't write a song and words won't flow out of my mouth
And you'll say, "Oh how ironic cuz you're singing right now"
And I'll say, "Thanks, I didn't write it, but I'll still take a bow"
Cuz it's the other guy who sometimes takes over my brain
And I can't get him to keep out but he does keep me sane
Cuz he gets all these words out that I never can think of
And all my fingers are doing right now are just to keep calm

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lift

Trust me, I'm 100% sure I have no idea -the Future