Discarded

Can you tell me what would happen if you got to see into my mind?
Can you explain to me the occurrences if you saw what I see when I am blind?
Can you even know the depth of thought that I can't possibly have
But that I have because I am an impossible thinker...

I think of the impossible like unpointed lines and square circles
I think of the impossible like future things that can be foretold
I think of strange and stranger things that just occur inside my brain
I think of all the other thoughts that don't get thought by anyone

My brain is just the trash of knowledge
Where I acquire but can't use in college
Cuz all this stuff is useless fill
That can't be used... until

I write of Martha and her friend John
And all of it makes sense for long
Cuz I trash the useless trash I have
But then in a while it just comes back

So I write about another glitch
In the universe's biggest ditch
The earth it has such potential theories
Of math and science but it makes you weary

So I write again all of the long trashed ones
Like John and his many wives of nuns
All called Martha, he never practiced polygamy
Martha, if you didn't know, has dual personalities

Like me sometimes, I'm not Jackson
I used to be until I quit
He was a jerk and made fun of me
But then I cruelly put him to sleep

I don't watch fight club anymore
After that one night of yeah such a bore
I  don't practice being crazy now
Because of all the possible 'somehows'

I write about the universe
And how it really is just a curse
Right when the very first people sinned
It put all this thought up in our bins

I never would have thought of her
Martha, I mean, oh please no more
Ok, I won't, just don't complain
She needs her time out of the cave

I don't often talk to myself
But then there's these days where the trash is to my belt
I have to bring it to the dumpster
But that means its with me just a little longer

Maybe by the time I sleep
It will be gone and no more thoughts to keep
And though you wouldn't classify them as such
I have to politely ask you to hush

Because people like Jackson and Tyler Durtin
Have no place here on this earth and
I will never speak again
Of those really awful non-humans

You'll have to know this won't last long
I promise I'll refrain from any songs
In this current state of mind
Oh gosh why does it have to be mine?

My mind's the trash can of the thoughts
And everyone's sold and everyone's bought
I just end up with all the ones
That were dreadfully abandoned by someone

You could have had this amazing story
Of a nice girl named Martha and her friend Dory
That traveled across the ocean blue
Oh, I see why you trashed it, too

Well now it's mine, I claim the idea
And it won't be no Nemo, yeah. See ya
I think I'll name him Bill or Ted
I'm surprised they didn't get trashed instead

But that is just one single example
Of how some trash can be a handful
Of really dumb stuff that is just plain funny
Like killing a bunny......

Sorry

I have never killed a bunny

I just like to think that they are flammable.

Again. Trash.

Don't blame me, I blame the state
And the stupid government that they made
They put people through this dreadful school
That makes kids sit all day and drool

Thinking about things and doodling pictures
That are left with me who is just a butcher
Of every idea, good or bad
And the bad ones I just make... sad.

Like who invented the mandolin?
I would have named it the violin
It has a nice ring, and people would think the wrong thing
And it would give me joy because wow, oh boy

People would be hitting the thing
With those wonderful pairs of eight beautiful strings
With a bow not really meant for it
And people would get mad and bend it

Until it snaps, that's what I did
I think at birth with my brain
No, that's really clearly a fib
I should be in such great shame

God gave me this mind to think and to learn
And I should use it to store and not burn
The knowledge He gives me, how useless it seems
It all could be used for the Lord's glory

So next time I think up such a sick sounding thought
I'll think of all the things that I've bought
And see if it has potential to be just something
Because all it really takes is just one thing

One simple idea can change the times
People thought Ben Franklin was caught in his crimes
He wanted nothing other than to die
When he tried to get shocked using a metal kite

But he found it out and applied it well
And I think I could have a story to tell
I had a dream and nobody thought
That I could change the world with this "useless dot"

I can do it, the little train said
As it climbed up the mountain, it was all in it's head
If you believe in yourself and you know that you're ready
You just have to trust the Lord to keep you steady

Because you can do it, I know you can
Hey, walk with me, we'll go hand in hand
I'm always trying something new
So don't be afraid to do what you were made to do



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lift

Trust me, I'm 100% sure I have no idea -the Future