~The Sea Flier, Chapter Five~

   Peter sat bruised against that tree. It wasn't a big deal, though. He felt like he had been punched before. He had just let James do what he wanted until he was satisfied. There must be consequences for violence or something, because he held back a lot.
   He saw Curly running over the hill and he looked worried. "Peter! Are you alright, Peter? What happened?"
   "It was James. It's fine, I'm good. He just wanted to let me know that he hates me. That's all."
   "I'm sorry bro." Curly said after a few seconds.
   Peter grinned.
   "What?" Curly asked.
   "I gave him a wet willy when he was awkwardly close to my face." Peter answered. He started laughing and before the minute passed, Curly and Peter were full on crying. They decided that they would make it their secret mission to humiliate James again.

   Peter and Curly talked for a long while walking all along beautiful paths through the island. He saw a completely new side of it that he hadn't seen before. There was a nice forest, with spaced out trees that were all very high and full of leaves.
   They walked a little ways up a mountain and they could see the whole Forever Land from up here. Maybe they called it Forever Land because they wanted to stay here forever. What? Peter stopped and thought to himself. That thought just came, but, from where? It was the first time that Peter had thought about Forever Land in a positive way. He felt safe, and even joyful for the first time, here.
   He looked out to the gates and he saw sailors going out to explore the sea some more. The sea was quite a ways away, so he couldn't make out anything like paths. But he did notice that there was a heavy fog hanging on top of the water, just out from the beach. He watched as the sailors went right through it, confidently, gaining speed.
   "I want to be a sailor." Peter said.
   "What are you talking about? You've only been here for one day and you are saying you want to do the most dangerous job in Forever Land? Only a really dumb dingus would-"
   "Than I'm a really dumb dingus. I'm going to be a sailor."
   What just compelled me to be so confident about that? I don't even know what they do.
   "You're a piece of mud," Curly said. "Let's go." And they kept walking.
   Peter kept looking at the layout of the island and it started to seem familiar. Not like that he was understanding the place from being here a day, but like he already understood the place and he was just remembering it. I'm crazy. I've never been here before and I need to focus on leaving.
   "Well it wouldn't hurt to tell Nibs or Slightly." Curly said. And that's what he would do.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem

Sing and Pray