Lose the Loop and Spread the News

My wall is a map that is filled in with names
Like Brazil, Australia, and the United States
I won't bother with mysteries, it symbolizes me
I think it's related to "incomplete" or something
I drew it and promised that it would be done again
But this time in a better way, so you can actually see Berlin
But I never got to it, maybe never tried
And that means just one more thing: I lied
Cuz I said I'd do it over again, but the again has never come
And now when I say that you will see, you will see it like the sun
It's just not even there, as far as you can tell
You can't tell details, like I suddenly said farewell
I abandoned the mission that I wish was kept
But maybe by somebody else, cuz I'm lazy as heck
And that's one of the things that comes with maturity
Like maybe I can get off my butt and make other than a turd of me
The new me that I'd make and the new wall that I'd paint
The Elton John that was straight, they just all seem to be fake
The year is almost done, so I'm now staring at the sun
Trying just to blind myself from all the freaking final's hells
But it's distracting me from goals that I set myself to make
I'm the same person as before, after only one step that I've taken
I'm on the third day of this new found mission
That I think God was really pushing
Cuz my brother wrote on my mirror, "Hey I think that I can beat you"
"In reading the scripture everyday, let's see how many days you can do"
And then I asked you, you told me. I read the Psalms of David, see
You should read them- you should read- you should read them too
So I'm taking it tiny chapter at a time, but writing all that I can in mine
So I can really understand it more and flee from sin like I've read so far
And it's helping, I think, because God spoke out to me
God wrote words for you and the world and I guess that does include me
So He wrote them, knowing I'd see them, having a specific plan for my life
And so I'll trust them, I'll flee sin, and I'll try to live His version of my life
So in time I'll be just who I be if that's a different me than my words were true
But if I am just what you got right now, than that's still the plan He's carrying through
So I'll keep on reading, keep on cheating, sneaking- at "How to win at life"
Or rather "Since you lose, I'll let you into the loop, I helped everyone win, now spread the news"


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lift

Trust me, I'm 100% sure I have no idea -the Future