Peace out

"Why don't you stay?" Ask people with masks
As if they actually even have to ask
You act all nice like you'll miss me now
But when I was "staying here" you treated me like a cow
So what do I say? Because I hate this school?
Because people are annoying? Because nobody's cool?
So I say, I'm going to take classes that will get me ahead
But you act like you still have no clue what I said
But why are you leaving? They ask me again
And then I think about all of my closest friends
I have a hard time going, but I just can't stay here
I have to leave and get some atmosphere
I have to try new things, I have to earn my wings
I have to go all around to see what things this life brings
I have to admit, I will miss it a little
The after school activities with my band in the middle
I will miss jamming with Payton and Blayre
And I will miss Burby's solos while I'm on the snare
I will miss all the days of messing around
And learning new chords and making new sounds
I will miss my sports teams, I've already gone without one
They are still there, but it wasn't like our old days of fun
I miss running up and down the court 
With Daryl behind me and Landon front door
I will miss hitting with Brendan as he smashes my serve
But slowly making this new court my new turf
I will miss all of coaches evangelism talks
And how he brings someone to Christ before the next o'clock
I will miss the history class, as interesting as it sounds
Three teachers in two years, and they've been the best around
I don't think I'll miss science, because it's awfully boring
And when math joined in, I just started snoring
But I will sure miss my teachers, two for the year
The first was the best and the second is queer
But she's still really funny and I will miss the fun
That she somehow brings to math and won't make me run
I'm done talking about all the things I will miss
Because I started this poem thinking that I felt dissed
I started this thing wanting to send it away
But yeah, I will miss it, maybe I'll visit someday
But now I think to myself, what they might think of me then
Hey, why is he back in this lunchroom again?
And I'll leave happy, that I saw all those faces
Trapped in that school having to solve their equations
A few more weeks and then I'll be free
Yeah, mixed feelings, but it'll be better if I think negatively

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lift

Trust me, I'm 100% sure I have no idea -the Future