Streets of Gold

You've spent one year in in paradise
Keep walking on streets of gold
You know it's bland here; we miss you
And we will till we're old
It's been so long since I've seen you
But it's been longer for them
That girl in the new graveyard
That grows older, but then
She hears him, she sees him
In that old bug infested grass
They used to venture up there
When the place just looked like trash
She looks around, but sees nothing
It's only a memory
The one year old gravestone still standing
Just retelling that story
You've spent one year in paradise
Keep walking on streets of gold
You know I wear the little sweatband
Of the famous 42, I'm told
Your football team knew it
And you know I sure did too
Just the fact that you were a man of God
There were those cool things about you
You radiated something
That everyone for some reason loved
Not many know exactly what it was
But it was your light for the One above
You must have accomplished a lot
For Him to bring you home
So quickly, you shared His name
In 12 years you grew the throne
You've spent one year in paradise
Keep walking on streets of gold
You inspired me to sharpen iron
And to live brave and strong and bold

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lift

Trust me, I'm 100% sure I have no idea -the Future